When you join Dow Jones, you become part of one of the most dynamic, creative and savvy news and information companies in the world. As a global leader in news and business intelligence, we're newswires, websites, newspapers, apps, newsletters, databases, magazines, radio and television--including some of the widest-read and most-respected brands, like Factiva, The Wall Street Journal, Barron's and SmartMoney. Our media inform the discussions and decisions that are vital to the world's commerce, while our databases make the business world more transparent. We continually develop technology to transform information into insight and insight into prosperity. From 58 countries and in a dozen languages, we enlighten and inspire audiences with authoritative, differentiated and trusted content
This position entails working as part of a team responsible for developing and maintaining the billing system that is a part of our overall ecommerce platform. This platform provides commerce services to support our digital products technology organization.
While working under minimal supervision you will design, develop and maintain our SOAP-based web service interfaces that expose our own abstractions of the capabilities of the underlying billing system product, Oracle BRM, for consumption by other systems in our ecommerce solution. You will have the same responsibilities for other Java components that implement internal processes or consume other external services. In addition, you will also develop database extensions that enhance the information captured in Oracle's BRM product. Your innovation and creative skills will be challenged through working with our Technical Leads to create high-level designs and then creating the detail design and code that ultimately provide the solution. Other day-to-day functions include debugging, troubleshooting and integration and QA support. You will also be a part of a bi-weekly production support rotation.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related
• Strong professional intra and interpersonal communication skills.
• 5+ solid years experience with Java
• 3+ solid years experience with J2EE-based web application/service implementations
• 3+ years experience with ecommerce systems
• 1+ years experience developing SOAP-based integration services for Oracle's Billing and Revenue Management system
• Working knowledge of message structures used within the WSJ Commerce Solutions billing system
• Working knowledge of Chase Paymentech's Account Updater service using SFTP
• Spring application context framework
• iBatis or similar ORM package
• SOAP-based web services
• XML, XSD, SQL, JAXB
• Log4j, SVN
• Oracle database
• Experience working in a Linux deployment environment.
• Demonstrated MS Word and Excel skills
• JMS (producer and consumer)
• Experience working with JBoss Application Server
• Experience with HTML, XHTML and CSS
• Experience writing BASH scripts; KSH a plus.
• Experience with Business Objects Enterprise a plus.
• Experience with credit card payment processing a plus.
• Experience with billing systems a plus
Dow Jones, Making Careers NewsWorthy
At Dow Jones our Managers work to meet our equal opportunity and affirmative action objectives and our Employees help to foster a professional, welcoming and encouraging environment.
OF TECH TALENT